Please make sure to
complete all steps by April 14, 5PM PST
Here are three separate sets of
instructions: one is for submitting the copyright form to IEEE,
another is for verifying that your paper is compliant with IEEE's
requirements for PDF files, and the third is for submitting the
You must adhere to the submission deadline specified by your
workshop chair. Please follow the instructions CAREFULLY; failure to
complete any of these requirements may result in your paper being
removed from CVPR09 workshop proceedings publication, and hence from
1. Instructions for electronic submission of IEEE copyright form (eCF)
IMPORTANT: If you need to make changes to the title or author list,
YOU MUST GO THROUGH INSTRUCTION SETS 2 and 3 FIRST. eCF is done
through CMT. Please log in to your workshop's CMT site and do the
following in the Author role:
* Click on the Submit IEEE Copyright form link at the rightmost
column (which initiates eCF). Please read instructions in the CMT
and IEEE sites CAREFULLY.
* You need to go through eCF for EACH paper separately.
* Since eCF can only be done ONCE for each paper, it is important
that only one person (contact author) work on it per paper.
* Once eCF has been completed, IEEE will email all the authors as
2. Instructions for verifying compliance of the final version of
* Make sure your PDF file is IEEE compliant. If your file is
noncompliant, it WILL NOT be shipped to IEEE for inclusion in Xplore,
which means your paper will not be considered as published.
* The easiest way to check for PDF compliance is to use the PDF
eXpress web site (URL: http://www.pdf-express.org). Click on the
link "New Users - Click Here" and fill in your information. You will
need the Conference ID which is: cvpr09x
* Follow the links at www.ieee.org/confpubcenter for information on
the specific elements of PDF compliance. The most frequent cause of
noncompliant files is the use of a custom font that is not embedded
in the PDF file. You must ensure that all fonts in the document
(including those in figure captions, tables, and figure bodies/
legends) are embedded.
NOTE: The PDF eXpress validation process is NOT the final paper
submission process! Once your paper is valid, you must follow
instruction set 3.
3. Instructions for submitting camera-ready paper using CMT
The camera-ready paper is submitted through CMT. Please log in to
your workshop's CMT site and do the following:
* CMT will not rename your files, so please use the following naming
Rename your files by papernumber.pdf (xx.pdf)
* Click on the "Edit" link under "Camera-Ready" and follow the
must have a maximum length of 8 pages and must adhere to the same
CVPR 2009 layout specifications as papers submitted to the main
conference. All reviewing will be carried out double-blind by the
Program Committee. Please refer to CVPR 2009 website
(http://www.cvpr2009.org/) for instructions on the submission
format. In submitting a manuscript, authors acknowledge that no
paper substantially similar in content has been published by other
conference or workshop. Double submission to the workshops and the main CVPR’09
conference are allowed.
Submitting to VCL vs. ViSU
During the submission
form, the authors will be asked to select the track to indicate which workshop (VCL or
ViSU) the authors prefer to submit to. Please select 'Undecided'
if you wish to submit to both the workshops. In such a case, the VCL-ViSU program chairs will make the decision
to steer the paper to right workshop.