Restaurants for visitors in College Park
Well, culinarily speaking it may be that the best thing about College Park is its proximity to DC and some good restaurants in the corridor from University Blvd in College Park over to Wheaton. However, here are some suggestions and comments as of October 2016 for places not too far away.
On campus or close walking distance
Mainly north of campus
- Adele's Restaurant (Stamp Union). Food is not bad and it's a good has-tablecloths place for official visitors.
- Looney's Pub. Student pub a short walk from UMIACS, food not bad. A bit noisy.
- Jason's Deli. Short walk from Linguistics, food not bad.
- Arroy. Thai. Jordan's favorite College Park restaurant.
Mainly south of campus
- Cafeteria at Ikea has really good food (Swedish meatballs, yum!). But avoid the salads.
- Chef Secret and Kangnam BBQ are options.
- Sardi's is somewhat informal but oh so tasty. [Added note from someone else: but a colleague got food poisoning this weekend and suspects Sardis]
- Pasta Plus Restaurant, 209 Gorman Ave, Laurel, MD 20707, (301) 498-5100, https://g.co/kgs/2jSCjn
- Excellent fish! Just north of campus. http://eatfishnet.com/
- The Commons at the Marriott has good food ... HUGE portions.
- Northwest Chinese Food #E, 7313 Baltimore Avenue. Excellent Chinese - get the mini lamb burgers - utilitarian.
- NuVegan in the highrise north of campus http://nuvegancafe.com/. They seem to put agave or some sweetener in many dishes so the food is sweet-ish but pretty good.
- Fishnet (good, also a tad informal)
- Franklin's. Nice atmosphere, good food, craft beers, and neat little knicknacks shop. Definitely good for visitors.
- Busboys and Poets. Very nice atmosphere, good food. Definitely good for visitors.