Welcome to my home page
|I have completed my PhD from University of
Maryland College Park, working with Prof Rama Chellappa.
After a short stint with Amazon's A9.com developing algorithms for
large scale image match, I am now working with the StreetView team in
I specialize on developing fast and efficient machine learning algorithms for image data.
Download my resume here.
- Computer Vision,
- Machine Learning and
Visit my scholar profile.
- I am now a PhD candidate, yaay !! (April 2012).
- Jaishanker K. Pillai, Vishal M. Patel and Rama Chellappa, "Sparsity Inspired
Selection and Recogniton of Iris Images", Third IEEE International
Conference on Biometrics, Technology And Systems (BTAS), 2009. [PDF], [Code], [BibTex] [Poster].
- Jaishanker K. Pillai, Vishal M. Patel, Rama Chellappa and Nalini K. Ratha, "Sectored
Random Projections based Cancelable Iris Biometrics, IEEE 10th
International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing,
(ICASSP), 2010. [PDF], [Code], [BibTex] [Poster].
- Jayant Kumar, Jaishanker K. Pillai
and David Doermann, "Document Image Classification and Labeling using
Multiple Instance Learning", International Conference on Document
Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), 2011. (Oral Presentation). [PDF], [BibTex].
- Ashish Shrivastava, Jaishanker K. Pillai, Vishal M. Patel, and Rama
Chellappa, "Learning Discriminative Dictionaries with Partially Labeled Data", IEEE
International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2012.
- Jaishanker K. Pillai, Vishal M. Patel, Rama Chellappa and Nalini K. Ratha, "Secure and
Robust Iris Recognition using Sparse Representations and Random
Projections, IEEE Transactions of Pattern Analysis and Machine
Intelligence (PAMI), 2011. (Impact Factor 5.027). [PDF], [Code], [BibTex].
- Book Chapters
- Vishal M. Patel, Jaishanker K. Pillai and Rama Chellappa, "Image and Video based Recognition of Humans", Looking at People, Visual Analysis of Humans, Springer 2011 [Link].
- Current Submissions
- Jaishanker K. Pillai*, Maria Puertas* and
Rama Chellappa, "Classifier Adaptation in Biometrics", under review in
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence(PAMI), 2012. (*-equal contribution)