I am a fifth year PhD student in Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park, working with Prof. David W. Jacobs. My research area is computer vision. I got my M.Phil. degree in the University of Hong Kong under supervision of Dr. Kenneth K.Y. Wong in 2012, and B.Eng degree in the University of Science and Technology of China in 2010.
- Research Intern at Media Analytics group NEC Labs America (May. 2017 - Aug. 2017)Mentor: Quoc-Huy Tran and Manmohan Chandraker
- Research Intern at National ICT (NICTA) Australia (Jul. 2015 - Oct. 2015)Mentor: Jose M. Alvarez and Fatih Porikli Working in Compressing CNNs.
- Research Assistant at University of Hong Kong (Nov. 2012 - Jul. 2013)Adviser: Kenneth K.Y. Wong Working in face sketch synthesis.
- Less is More: Towards Compact CNNs. Hao Zhou, Jose M. Alvarez, Fatih Porikli. In Proc. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2016, spotlight), [ Paper ] [ Supplement ] [bibtex] | [Poster] | [Slides] | [Presentation]
- Evaluating Local Features for Day-Night Matching. Hao Zhou, Torsten Sattler, David W. Jacobs. In ECCV Workshop on Local Features: State of the Art, Open Problems and Performance Analysis (ECCV workshop 2016), [Paper] | [bibtex] | [Poster] | [Slides] | [Project Page] | [Dataset]
- Markov Weight Fields for Face Sketch Synthesis. Hao Zhou, Zhanghui Kuang, Kwan-Yee K. Wong. In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2012), [Paper] | [bibtex]
- Learning Image-Specific Parameters for Interactive Segmentation.
Zhanghui Kuang, Dirk Schnieders, Hao Zhou, Kwan-Yee K. Wong, Yizhou Yu, Bo Peng. In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2012), [Paper] | [bibtex]
- Accurate Foreground Segmentation without Pre-learning.
Zhanghui Kuang, Hao Zhou, Kwan-Yee K. Wong.
In Proc. International Conference on Image and Graphics (ICIG2011) [Paper] | [bibtex]
About the protrait: Yes, it's me. Taken by Ke Zhai in Hong Kong several years agao. Please note that I am not that good looking in reality.