Demonstration plan: Visual and Acoustical Surveillance and Monitoring, University of Maryland
Year 1 Demonstrations
- Site model based wide-area detection of people entering and
leaving the door of the building.
- Narrow-area determination of whether these people are carrying objects, and whether
the objects are briefcase-like or bag-like.
- Tracking of these people towards cars parked in the parking lot.
- Detection of cars entering the parking lot, and detection of people exiting
the cars after they have stopped.
Year 2 Demonstrations
- Site model based image stabilization of color video sequences, and comparison with
traditional stabilization algorithms based on generic scene structure assumptions.
- Site model based detection of moving vehicles and people, and comparison with
traditional pixel-based algorithms that rely exclusively on pixelwise
- Recognition of suspicious behavior of a person and a vehicle, including a person
placing an object under a vehicle and a person trying to break into a vehicle;
recognizing the distinction between one person cooperatively handing an
object to another, and one person forcibly taking an object away from another.